Thread: Ayahuasca/DMT?
View Single Post
a big stupid dumbass's Avatar a big stupid dumbass
04-20-2006, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate-dogg21
This is a theory of graham hancock, im sure many otheres too, but i got this from him. Our mind is like a reciever, that of a TV or a Radio. If you put different chemicals into your brain, its basically just like changing the channel and tuning into different stations...
yeah this is one of the fundamental things to understand with what I think will be an ever growing concept of how the brain works. It may not be the typical way to look at the phenomenon of consciousness at the present moment, but I think it has its merit where other concepts don't. In particular the idea that because of this tuning mechanism we can explain various and usually "unexplainable" phenomena. I think the typical way to see it under this new "reciever" of consciousness perspective is that "abductions", "fairies", "elves" are all a filtered hologram for something that is occuring around a specific frequency. If you were going to take the route of a "generated" consciousness viewpoint, these phenomena are simply irrelevant confabulations, and since they appear in such a way as to obviously not be mere lies, the "recieving" perspective of consiousness has a bit more of a hold on the way things are to us.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:38 PM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Ayahuasca/DMT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate-dogg21
This is a theory of graham hancock, im sure many otheres too, but i got this from him. Our mind is like a reciever, that of a TV or a Radio. If you put different chemicals into your brain, its basically just like changing the channel and tuning into different stations...
yeah this is one of the fundamental things to understand with what I think will be an ever growing concept of how the brain works. It may not be the typical way to look at the phenomenon of consciousness at the present moment, but I think it has its merit where other concepts don't. In particular the idea that because of this tuning mechanism we can explain various and usually "unexplainable" phenomena. I think the typical way to see it under this new "reciever" of consciousness perspective is that "abductions", "fairies", "elves" are all a filtered hologram for something that is occuring around a specific frequency. If you were going to take the route of a "generated" consciousness viewpoint, these phenomena are simply irrelevant confabulations, and since they appear in such a way as to obviously not be mere lies, the "recieving" perspective of consiousness has a bit more of a hold on the way things are to us.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote