View Single Post
eleven_waiting
12-22-2006, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven_waiting View Post
Before I start I want to say that I do not look for the finite meaning in a song, I search for the personal meaning. What it means to me. Anything I may suggest about a songs meaning is born of my own experiance, prespective of reality, and knowledge.

I sort of agree with the drug connection, but my rational is a bit different. Look at this passage starting at 9:16 in the song

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sun kissed Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, brain dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed

Pay close attention to the "Sun Kissed Sudafed"

Call me a (T)weaker but this seems like a metaphor describing Methamphetamine. In the manufacturing process, where the main ingredient is Sudafed's active ingredient, there is a point when the chemical changes and it takes on an oily texture and a sunburst color. This is the pint that the chemical is technically Methamphetamine but not completely reduced.

The song, to me, is about someone being blessed with an epiphany. I mean that it just hits them completely from nowhere and very intensely. They are having trouble understanding it because of the drug/meth. The experiance and change is difficult to interpret to them and they are running around in thier head trying to figure it out just babbling everything that pops up.

A self-centered mindset (common trait of a drug user) has created this 'chosen one' idea in their mind because what they have seems so special new and valuable to them. When in reality, it's not that special because everyone would come to this same point just a little less dramatically because their minds aren't self-centered and chemically altered.

The imagined chain of events has lead them to seek medical attention and blah blah blah.....

I see it this way because the same thing happened to me on Meth.

I was the chosen one...Jesus...sent to deliever everyone!

LOL

Good times.
All I have to say is damn...I was right.

LOL
Old 12-22-2006, 04:15 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Just an interesting snippet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven_waiting View Post
Before I start I want to say that I do not look for the finite meaning in a song, I search for the personal meaning. What it means to me. Anything I may suggest about a songs meaning is born of my own experiance, prespective of reality, and knowledge.

I sort of agree with the drug connection, but my rational is a bit different. Look at this passage starting at 9:16 in the song

Strapped down on my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sun kissed Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, brain dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed

Pay close attention to the "Sun Kissed Sudafed"

Call me a (T)weaker but this seems like a metaphor describing Methamphetamine. In the manufacturing process, where the main ingredient is Sudafed's active ingredient, there is a point when the chemical changes and it takes on an oily texture and a sunburst color. This is the pint that the chemical is technically Methamphetamine but not completely reduced.

The song, to me, is about someone being blessed with an epiphany. I mean that it just hits them completely from nowhere and very intensely. They are having trouble understanding it because of the drug/meth. The experiance and change is difficult to interpret to them and they are running around in thier head trying to figure it out just babbling everything that pops up.

A self-centered mindset (common trait of a drug user) has created this 'chosen one' idea in their mind because what they have seems so special new and valuable to them. When in reality, it's not that special because everyone would come to this same point just a little less dramatically because their minds aren't self-centered and chemically altered.

The imagined chain of events has lead them to seek medical attention and blah blah blah.....

I see it this way because the same thing happened to me on Meth.

I was the chosen one...Jesus...sent to deliever everyone!

LOL

Good times.
All I have to say is damn...I was right.

LOL
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote