View Single Post
jugheadsjonesin
05-15-2006, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsCuming
""And after calming me down, with some orange slices, and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose, He said, "You are the Chosen One, the One who will deliver the message. A message of hope to those who choose to hear it, and a warning to those who do not." Me. The Chosen One?
They chose me, and I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school.""
the vitamin c in orange slices helps to reduce anxiety during an acid trip. hallucinating depletes certain vitamins leading to tension, which is often the cause for freaking out when tripping. the hypertension leads an altered mind to think that something wrong has happened.

I think that this whole song is just about freaking out on acid. anyone who's done over the top amounts of hallucinogens has probably had a trip in which they became megalomanical to the point of temporary schizophrenia. (i.e. thoughts of divination, delusions of grandeur, no regard for self preservation, etc.)

at the same time, hallucinating can bring out very primal childlike feelings, and something like being wrapped in a pink blanket, human contact (such as spooning), or petting an animal can calm you down.

"will I ever be coming down?"
"it's gotta be deadhead chemistry" - l.s.d. for sure

I know there's more to the song than that. I won't pretend to know for sure what the whole alien shit is about. It's entirely possible that this is Maynard hyppothesizing that L. Ron Hubbard came up with Scientology under these circumstances. unless Maynard is on the Sun Ra tip now or some shit, and thinks he is from another planet. (which I doubt, but would find humorous)
Old 05-15-2006, 09:29 AM   #23
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Orange slices and fetal spooning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusIsCuming
""And after calming me down, with some orange slices, and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose, He said, "You are the Chosen One, the One who will deliver the message. A message of hope to those who choose to hear it, and a warning to those who do not." Me. The Chosen One?
They chose me, and I didn't even graduate from fuckin' high school.""
the vitamin c in orange slices helps to reduce anxiety during an acid trip. hallucinating depletes certain vitamins leading to tension, which is often the cause for freaking out when tripping. the hypertension leads an altered mind to think that something wrong has happened.

I think that this whole song is just about freaking out on acid. anyone who's done over the top amounts of hallucinogens has probably had a trip in which they became megalomanical to the point of temporary schizophrenia. (i.e. thoughts of divination, delusions of grandeur, no regard for self preservation, etc.)

at the same time, hallucinating can bring out very primal childlike feelings, and something like being wrapped in a pink blanket, human contact (such as spooning), or petting an animal can calm you down.

"will I ever be coming down?"
"it's gotta be deadhead chemistry" - l.s.d. for sure

I know there's more to the song than that. I won't pretend to know for sure what the whole alien shit is about. It's entirely possible that this is Maynard hyppothesizing that L. Ron Hubbard came up with Scientology under these circumstances. unless Maynard is on the Sun Ra tip now or some shit, and thinks he is from another planet. (which I doubt, but would find humorous)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote