View Single Post
PriceisRight's Avatar PriceisRight
05-14-2006, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaGeek
Spooning...Fetal Spooning in particular would be the act of cuddling and caressing, "belly to back". In this case, the speaker would be lying on his side in the fetal position whilst the alien lie with it's abdomen pressed into the speakers back and gently caressed him.

Spooning is a sensual (?)tantric position for copulation, but it is not necessarily sexual.

It is common practice for a trip sitter to use spooning techniques and proximity, physical contact and reassurance to calm someone who is having a particularly intense trip, 7th (crown) chakra or disassociation experience. Orance slices are also common as the citric acid and vitamin C supposedly assist LSD to bond with fatty tissues. I think that latter fact is touched on again in the "Sunkist and Sudafed" line later on the song (sunkist being a manufacturer of Vitamin C suppliments as well). Sudafed contains pseudoephedrine,which I believe may be used to heighten alertness in a stuporous person, though I have never used it in this way.
So if spooning helps calm someone whos having a trip...could the guy in the song be talking to the listener and thinks an alien is speaking to him when it was really the doctor asking whats going on?

Just a thought...
Old 05-14-2006, 12:08 PM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: Orange slices and fetal spooning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaGeek
Spooning...Fetal Spooning in particular would be the act of cuddling and caressing, "belly to back". In this case, the speaker would be lying on his side in the fetal position whilst the alien lie with it's abdomen pressed into the speakers back and gently caressed him.

Spooning is a sensual (?)tantric position for copulation, but it is not necessarily sexual.

It is common practice for a trip sitter to use spooning techniques and proximity, physical contact and reassurance to calm someone who is having a particularly intense trip, 7th (crown) chakra or disassociation experience. Orance slices are also common as the citric acid and vitamin C supposedly assist LSD to bond with fatty tissues. I think that latter fact is touched on again in the "Sunkist and Sudafed" line later on the song (sunkist being a manufacturer of Vitamin C suppliments as well). Sudafed contains pseudoephedrine,which I believe may be used to heighten alertness in a stuporous person, though I have never used it in this way.
So if spooning helps calm someone whos having a trip...could the guy in the song be talking to the listener and thinks an alien is speaking to him when it was really the doctor asking whats going on?

Just a thought...