View Single Post
mad017's Avatar mad017
05-11-2006, 11:20 PM

i go to a catholic school and the religious compnent of year twelve is philosophy.
in philosophy at the momment we are discussing metaphysics and are watching the movie contact (already discussed reference to viginti tres).

to make a long story short(er), plans are apparently sent from a star 26 light years away called vega. the plans are for a transportation device and it is built. it works by dropping a pod (wiht a passenger inside) into 3 spinning rings whihc spin around eachother, the main character (jodie foster) does this and ends up on a planet wiht a beach (after going through an aray of wormholes) , an alien appears in the form of her dad who passed away "to make things easier" . the alien tells her that this contact is the first step and earth must take it slow (his message for earth). "this is how it has been done for billions of years" she returns form her journey and it seems that the people who were wathing the "launch" take place only saw the pod drop straight through the rings and in to the waiting ocean. it is deemed a failure. so whie she is in "space" no time passes on earth. but she still calims that she had this experience, however hardly anyone believes her because she has no evidence.

while watching this wiht my mate, (also a big tool fan) we figured that the similarities were a big coincidence.... or the song makes refernece to the movie (but i doubt it)

i would like to thear any thoughts on this if poeple have seen the movie.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
you believe me dont you?

i go to a catholic school and the religious compnent of year twelve is philosophy.
in philosophy at the momment we are discussing metaphysics and are watching the movie contact (already discussed reference to viginti tres).

to make a long story short(er), plans are apparently sent from a star 26 light years away called vega. the plans are for a transportation device and it is built. it works by dropping a pod (wiht a passenger inside) into 3 spinning rings whihc spin around eachother, the main character (jodie foster) does this and ends up on a planet wiht a beach (after going through an aray of wormholes) , an alien appears in the form of her dad who passed away "to make things easier" . the alien tells her that this contact is the first step and earth must take it slow (his message for earth). "this is how it has been done for billions of years" she returns form her journey and it seems that the people who were wathing the "launch" take place only saw the pod drop straight through the rings and in to the waiting ocean. it is deemed a failure. so whie she is in "space" no time passes on earth. but she still calims that she had this experience, however hardly anyone believes her because she has no evidence.

while watching this wiht my mate, (also a big tool fan) we figured that the similarities were a big coincidence.... or the song makes refernece to the movie (but i doubt it)

i would like to thear any thoughts on this if poeple have seen the movie.