View Single Post
prater
05-11-2006, 11:41 AM

IMHO I don't think the song is ABOUT either, its basically about something that either

A. Is an extremely important event that has taken place.
OR
B. It was bullshit, just some guys hallucination.

Thats the irony in it, theres no way of knowing. It could be trash in which case who gives a shit, or it could be the answers to the mysteries of life that this dumbass couldn't remember. Trash or Treasure either way its gone and theres no way to to know which it was. All thats left is this outragious story.

Its like if I walked up to you on the street and told you an elaborate story about how I discovered the cure for cancer, but I can't remember what it was. Or if it even really happend. How do you treat that situation? When on one hand you have a guy who found the cure for one of the deadliest diseases on the planet, that could save millions of lives but he forgot it.
OR
This guy is full of shit and imagined the whole thing.

This song gives you plenty of evidence to both possibilities then leaves you to decide, much like the doctor and anyone who hears his story would have to decide as well.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #35
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Not about Alien Abduction. (Worth reading IMO)

IMHO I don't think the song is ABOUT either, its basically about something that either

A. Is an extremely important event that has taken place.
OR
B. It was bullshit, just some guys hallucination.

Thats the irony in it, theres no way of knowing. It could be trash in which case who gives a shit, or it could be the answers to the mysteries of life that this dumbass couldn't remember. Trash or Treasure either way its gone and theres no way to to know which it was. All thats left is this outragious story.

Its like if I walked up to you on the street and told you an elaborate story about how I discovered the cure for cancer, but I can't remember what it was. Or if it even really happend. How do you treat that situation? When on one hand you have a guy who found the cure for one of the deadliest diseases on the planet, that could save millions of lives but he forgot it.
OR
This guy is full of shit and imagined the whole thing.

This song gives you plenty of evidence to both possibilities then leaves you to decide, much like the doctor and anyone who hears his story would have to decide as well.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote