View Single Post
Spiral Into Nothing's Avatar Spiral Into Nothing
05-10-2006, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwaters987
Because, it is a story about alien abductions. Even if it is completely an acid trip (which it is) it's kind of hard to distinguish what it's about unless you've ever tripped on acid or you're a member of the board and you get fed shit about how each song has an exact meaning. I'm getting kind of bored of people here telling me what to believe. Every post should be started with IMO, not "You're completely wrong on all aspects of your analyzation." Just my two cents. So don't be tossing your stones around.
Okay perhaps my choice of words were a bit mischosen. I am not telling anyone what to believe, because that would be pointless.

I have stated that this is not a "OMG!1! this dude is trippin on LSD!" song.

But, I do believe that relating it to any sort of actual alien expierence is a injustice to such a great song. I personally don't believe that the narrator is in area 51, no does the fact that it is mentioned in the song mean that it has anything to do with it.

It's caotic nonsense, I believe it is used to make a visual example of how strange and odd his state of mind is. If you have ever taken LSD, you would know that often times reality can become so distorted and lost that you have no idea where you are, things look very different then normal, much like "Area 51"

But.. I give up, I have my opinion, you have the right to yours as well. No matter how misguided it may be.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #32
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Not about Alien Abduction. (Worth reading IMO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwaters987
Because, it is a story about alien abductions. Even if it is completely an acid trip (which it is) it's kind of hard to distinguish what it's about unless you've ever tripped on acid or you're a member of the board and you get fed shit about how each song has an exact meaning. I'm getting kind of bored of people here telling me what to believe. Every post should be started with IMO, not "You're completely wrong on all aspects of your analyzation." Just my two cents. So don't be tossing your stones around.
Okay perhaps my choice of words were a bit mischosen. I am not telling anyone what to believe, because that would be pointless.

I have stated that this is not a "OMG!1! this dude is trippin on LSD!" song.

But, I do believe that relating it to any sort of actual alien expierence is a injustice to such a great song. I personally don't believe that the narrator is in area 51, no does the fact that it is mentioned in the song mean that it has anything to do with it.

It's caotic nonsense, I believe it is used to make a visual example of how strange and odd his state of mind is. If you have ever taken LSD, you would know that often times reality can become so distorted and lost that you have no idea where you are, things look very different then normal, much like "Area 51"

But.. I give up, I have my opinion, you have the right to yours as well. No matter how misguided it may be.