View Single Post
Mesher_dakimi's Avatar Mesher_dakimi
05-09-2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xineax
I think you're right except for the purpose of this song. I almost think this song is a rebuke of fans/detractors who think that TOOL is all pro-drug without substance. Third eye was very promotional of the drug experience portrayed in "The Teachings of Don Juan." But Mescalito wasn't for recreation--so many dolts just take the drugs to dissociate--Mescalito was for knowledge/power. There is a sacredness to the drug experience that is lacking here--and this attitude is on purpose. This I see as an intentional tie-in to Third Eye.

Wow i think he is on to something here, drug use not just for escapism but for the questofknowldgandpwr
Old 05-09-2006, 04:20 PM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Not about Alien Abduction. (Worth reading IMO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xineax
I think you're right except for the purpose of this song. I almost think this song is a rebuke of fans/detractors who think that TOOL is all pro-drug without substance. Third eye was very promotional of the drug experience portrayed in "The Teachings of Don Juan." But Mescalito wasn't for recreation--so many dolts just take the drugs to dissociate--Mescalito was for knowledge/power. There is a sacredness to the drug experience that is lacking here--and this attitude is on purpose. This I see as an intentional tie-in to Third Eye.

Wow i think he is on to something here, drug use not just for escapism but for the questofknowldgandpwr