View Single Post
/Parallelus/Reflectionis/'s Avatar /Parallelus/Reflectionis/
05-07-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jake Destructo
Yeah man, because they spent those entire five years thinking about Tool and stuff.

Maynard has a family, APC, his wine deal, etc..
Danny has PLC, VOLTO!, his occult obsession and so on.
Adam has a myspace.
Justin is busy on his yacht.

I should probably build my case better, but you need to realize that at this stage, Tool has become a side project for the members, and saying that you deserve more than the seven songs given to you after such a long wait is just silly. I recently read an interview with Maynard and his said something about how Tool is a way for four guys to come together every few years and share something; this is basically a subtle way of saying Tool is just a side project.

Whether you like it or not, I'm pretty satisfied with the album.

Well, I really don't think it means its a side project. It's just that they have a life too ! Tool remains their band. I mean, you can't ONLY make music all your life, but it doesn't mean they will put Tool as a side project. They just take their time, and that's fine.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:47 PM   #10
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 34
Re: "The Patient".....again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jake Destructo
Yeah man, because they spent those entire five years thinking about Tool and stuff.

Maynard has a family, APC, his wine deal, etc..
Danny has PLC, VOLTO!, his occult obsession and so on.
Adam has a myspace.
Justin is busy on his yacht.

I should probably build my case better, but you need to realize that at this stage, Tool has become a side project for the members, and saying that you deserve more than the seven songs given to you after such a long wait is just silly. I recently read an interview with Maynard and his said something about how Tool is a way for four guys to come together every few years and share something; this is basically a subtle way of saying Tool is just a side project.

Whether you like it or not, I'm pretty satisfied with the album.

Well, I really don't think it means its a side project. It's just that they have a life too ! Tool remains their band. I mean, you can't ONLY make music all your life, but it doesn't mean they will put Tool as a side project. They just take their time, and that's fine.