Thread: coincidence
View Single Post
davelisowski's Avatar davelisowski
05-07-2006, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie
...Man. How is this not getting any love?

You posted excellently. No bullshit. No whiney teen crap. You fuckin THANKED us at the end... which is great. Thank YOU for such courtesy.

Now to the meat. You've fuckin found somethin amazing. Good find!

You looked past the drug connection and found a reference to translations and interpretations.

In reading this I think I have a new interpretation of this song:

Just as Hofmann forged a fake method of translating the words of the holy and the divine through misuse of tools (Rosetta Stone), our subject in the song suffers from false divination. He thinks he's found god(s) when in fact he is just relying on drugs to attempt a translation. In reality the drugs are a gateway to the basics. His interpretations are nothing more than forgeries within his own mind.

Basically just as Maynard (and possibly others from Tool) has expressed - it's best to see drugs as an opener to the divine and then reach the higher places without them - because relying on them will only give you a false interpretation.

Man. Thank you again. You deserve a giant cookie for this find.

It's posts like yours that make me come back to this forum.

Keep it up! :D

- G.
a more elaborate version of my post...

But i still need to do research on this before i post anything meaningful... like i do anyhow....

thank you
Old 05-07-2006, 01:06 AM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie
...Man. How is this not getting any love?

You posted excellently. No bullshit. No whiney teen crap. You fuckin THANKED us at the end... which is great. Thank YOU for such courtesy.

Now to the meat. You've fuckin found somethin amazing. Good find!

You looked past the drug connection and found a reference to translations and interpretations.

In reading this I think I have a new interpretation of this song:

Just as Hofmann forged a fake method of translating the words of the holy and the divine through misuse of tools (Rosetta Stone), our subject in the song suffers from false divination. He thinks he's found god(s) when in fact he is just relying on drugs to attempt a translation. In reality the drugs are a gateway to the basics. His interpretations are nothing more than forgeries within his own mind.

Basically just as Maynard (and possibly others from Tool) has expressed - it's best to see drugs as an opener to the divine and then reach the higher places without them - because relying on them will only give you a false interpretation.

Man. Thank you again. You deserve a giant cookie for this find.

It's posts like yours that make me come back to this forum.

Keep it up! :D

- G.
a more elaborate version of my post...

But i still need to do research on this before i post anything meaningful... like i do anyhow....

thank you