View Single Post
gamester990
06-18-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewzipp View Post
I don't think the accoustics of the stadium had much to do with how low the vocals were in the mix. I've only seen Tool once before, at Coachella last year, and was a little suprised that Maynard never left the drum riser or spoke much. I didn't really think the quiet vocals were that noticable, the rest sound of the music sounded great. The crowd was pretty dead, I was suprised to be standing that close to the stage without seeing any kind of moshing.

Man, the line for beer was awful. They need to just hand you a plastic bottle or can, that waiting for each and ever single beer to be poured for the line in front of you sucks.

I don't think the crowd was dead...for this show moshing would be just stupid. You want to just watch and sink in the artistic beauty of what they put on. I and several others were rocking out but in a good manner and not to disturb people concentrating on the show.

If a huge mosh pit started , I think that would've been uncalled for...especially for the music they were playing..its more mellow.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/17 - Evansville, IN - Roberts Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewzipp View Post
I don't think the accoustics of the stadium had much to do with how low the vocals were in the mix. I've only seen Tool once before, at Coachella last year, and was a little suprised that Maynard never left the drum riser or spoke much. I didn't really think the quiet vocals were that noticable, the rest sound of the music sounded great. The crowd was pretty dead, I was suprised to be standing that close to the stage without seeing any kind of moshing.

Man, the line for beer was awful. They need to just hand you a plastic bottle or can, that waiting for each and ever single beer to be poured for the line in front of you sucks.

I don't think the crowd was dead...for this show moshing would be just stupid. You want to just watch and sink in the artistic beauty of what they put on. I and several others were rocking out but in a good manner and not to disturb people concentrating on the show.

If a huge mosh pit started , I think that would've been uncalled for...especially for the music they were playing..its more mellow.
OFFLINE |