View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 12:50 AM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/09 - Rotterdam, NLD - Ahoy

With all those fears about AHOY, my first impression wasn't too bad. It was smaller than I remembered. Smaller than the venue in Dusseldorf were I saw Tool some years ago and certainly more cozy than the setup of Ozzfest in Nijmegen.

Maynard didn't sound too good at first, I blamed the mask but it seems there might have been other reasons.

The final part was really good, even ignoring the visuals. Somehow the band and I didn't connect at first. I was right behind the barrier and the sound wasn't too bad, unnatural though as it came clearly from way up in the hall, far above the band.

My highlight was Sober. Huh? Yeah, Sober. After seeing Tool 6 times I had seen this song more than enough and hoped they would play something else (undertow, please!). But now, seeing them a 12th time the song kicked ass again.

As for Masturbon, I can see some people might like their Iron Maiden guitar solo's on Metallica riffs with System of a Down rhythms. But I don't like Masta Don. I would have liked to see Isis much more than Do Not Sam.

Daniel

Last edited by CurtSchilling; 11-10-2006 at 03:56 AM..
OFFLINE |