View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/09 - Rotterdam, NLD - Ahoy

I totally agree with Niels :)

This was my second (live) Tool experience, after Pinkpop this year.
Still overwhelmed... Also a bit of a beep in my ears (standing in the arena, a bit at the back), but hey, that only reminds me that I've been there :D

Lateralus was the best imo, great musical climax together with all the light effects and billboards 'on'. I especially liked the green lasers through the smoke!

I was also amazed by the start Jambi: when Danny (not that I know him personally of course) starts to play along with Adam, he played the riff 2 times faster then on 10.000 Days... How is it possible..

Oh, and the visuals: I love them, they make me dream away. Never the same during the whole concert.. The ones that came with Jami were my favourite: starting abstract, moving over into clearer forms and returning to abstract forms at the end of the song. Together with the song, I left planet Earth for a while ;)

I can't remember when exactely, but I think it was after Sober, the band paused for a moment and sat down on Maynards stage, while a roadie (or at least someone in a white coat) fixed something with Danny's drums. I thought it was Justin who lighted up a match or something, and of course everyone in the public with a lightener did so too, great :) (maybe this happened before? Because I saw some people check if their lightener's flame was big enough at the beginning of the concert ;)

After Lateralus or Vicarious (but I could be wrong about that) Maynard said something like "... see you next summer, i'll be wearing a mask, but a bigger one..." I really hope they will come back next summer!

Well, there is of course so much to say, but I'll leave it like this for the moment. I'm happy to have been able to visit one of Tool's concerts again. Very, very, very much respect for how much these guys are willing to give, it was amazing to see a band with this amount of talent and devotion perform..

Spiral out. Keep going.

Adriaan

(PSand sorry for my poor English..)

(PPS I really like the set list btw, maybe you shouldn't visit all shows if you don't like it being the same every time ;) (reacting on other posts is not the meaning of this thread, so just take it as an opinion, or delete this line if you want to)

Last edited by A3aan; 11-09-2006 at 06:03 PM..
OFFLINE |