View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/09 - Rotterdam, NLD - Ahoy

Ahoy sucks. Sound was horrible - no one is to blame. The soundguy is brilliant - but Ahoy' beats the best soundengineers. Even the band suffered (Justing missing a beat?????).

Maynard had some problems with his voice. The band seemed concerned with him and jammed more and longer than they usually do. I think this allowed Maynard to regain his voice a bit and I believe this also spared him an extra song. I loved seeing the band helping eachother out.

One of the jams was amazing - machinelike precision with the best drums I have ever heard in a Tool concert.

The mask has a bad influence on Maynards voice. I can understand that this is the only way to sing in front of 10.000 cigarette, ganja, weed and kretek smoking fans - but still it's a shame his beautifull voice is muffled by this thing. It does look great btw!

They'll be back in the summer. Please play longer, skip sober and play Wings. It was the reason I came to the worst venue in the Netherlands - to hear wings. Please don't ever go to Ahoy' again!

Great show, Pinkpop was better, HMH was best.
OFFLINE |