View Single Post
The Greenster's Avatar The Greenster
09-12-2006, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfunball View Post
Bill Hicks had a lot of material based upon UFOs, drugs, and any combination of the two. I'm sure to some small extent his influence has filtered it's way into this song and album just as other parts of his material influenced the band on previous efforts. However, with the amount of time and effort Blair invests in UFOs, Area 51, etc; I think he's just as likely an influence and possibly even a greater one.

As for this particular passage, really only the one line here mirrors a portion of Hick's material so I'd say if anything it's just a subtle nod to an already clever description. I don't however think it's intended to apply towards the entire song or even the rest of that particular lyric. Possible of course, but I don't think the one line truly suggests that on it's own.
I agree. I think it's simply a nod in this particular song towards Hicks. The rest of the song showed no other clear reference to him.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Bill Hicks' version of Rosetta Stoned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfunball View Post
Bill Hicks had a lot of material based upon UFOs, drugs, and any combination of the two. I'm sure to some small extent his influence has filtered it's way into this song and album just as other parts of his material influenced the band on previous efforts. However, with the amount of time and effort Blair invests in UFOs, Area 51, etc; I think he's just as likely an influence and possibly even a greater one.

As for this particular passage, really only the one line here mirrors a portion of Hick's material so I'd say if anything it's just a subtle nod to an already clever description. I don't however think it's intended to apply towards the entire song or even the rest of that particular lyric. Possible of course, but I don't think the one line truly suggests that on it's own.
I agree. I think it's simply a nod in this particular song towards Hicks. The rest of the song showed no other clear reference to him.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote