View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 10:33 PM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/09 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

I also attended the concert. I agree with Jesusiscuming, worst show ever. However, the band minus Maynard were on top of everything. Even after the bottle incident. Maynard sounded great during Stinkfist and most of The Pot. After he was hit, that was the end of it. Although, I liked how the band kept The Pot going even though it was over. They played the last part twice. And the instrumental 46&2 was neat but the reason for it was fucked up.

I understand that Maynard would be pissed but to let effect the whole show was a bit much. He half assed some songs here and there. Sang only parts of Aenima towards the end and sang the "Fuck all you junkies and fuck your short memories" part all three times. I wonder if the fuck heads go the message. It is still good to see them live though. This just was not their best show in Phoenix. I could feel the eneregy get sucked out of the venue after Maynard stormed off. I really wonder how sick he was or if he was just making excuses for cutting the show short. He may have been because to change the set list during a show must throw off the visuals and other stuff.

As for the crowd. FUCK SKINHEADS!!!! Those bastards were lighting fires with their clothes and plastic. They were moshing around it like it was Lord of The Flies. The security was non existent. Most of them looked like they just came out of the hood. They weren't prepared for anything. So the fire kept going. Dumb Asses should not be allowed to attend Tool concerts. Outside after the show there were some assholes destroying a computer monitor. Glass and plastic were every where. I advised them that they should touch the back of the tube.  Maybe it would free our world of a few more dumbasses.

The stage show and lighting were fantastic. I was impressed with the new fogging machines and the lasers. The all white stage totally brought out the ambiance. Overall I would give it a 3 out of 10. My perfect 10 would be the Gammage show.