View Single Post
IcaLynn's Avatar IcaLynn
08-17-2006, 08:56 AM

if this is inspired by Bill Hicks, the feta spooning makes a bit of sense. In Sane Man, hicks goes on about having a job and then about labor. in the middle, he talks about smoking a joint and saying that the boss is lucky he showed because his bed was like a womb. i just watched that yesterday.

its no secret among bills fans that he took mushrooms and acid to trip and to love everything and to "squeegee his third eye" he talked about seeing jesus riding a unicorn and beings talking to him.

i doubt that the song is directly for him, but who knows? maybe maynard woke up in a field and remembered a dream. at least one track on each album tells a story and that one song is one of ususally the best one there, if not, then the most interesting. this song, by far, beats the all the others.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #11
On Probation

Bincount™: 26
Re: Bill Hicks' version of Rosetta Stoned?

if this is inspired by Bill Hicks, the feta spooning makes a bit of sense. In Sane Man, hicks goes on about having a job and then about labor. in the middle, he talks about smoking a joint and saying that the boss is lucky he showed because his bed was like a womb. i just watched that yesterday.

its no secret among bills fans that he took mushrooms and acid to trip and to love everything and to "squeegee his third eye" he talked about seeing jesus riding a unicorn and beings talking to him.

i doubt that the song is directly for him, but who knows? maybe maynard woke up in a field and remembered a dream. at least one track on each album tells a story and that one song is one of ususally the best one there, if not, then the most interesting. this song, by far, beats the all the others.

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote