View Single Post
Happyfunball's Avatar Happyfunball
08-09-2006, 10:36 PM

Bill Hicks had a lot of material based upon UFOs, drugs, and any combination of the two. I'm sure to some small extent his influence has filtered it's way into this song and album just as other parts of his material influenced the band on previous efforts. However, with the amount of time and effort Blair invests in UFOs, Area 51, etc; I think he's just as likely an influence and possibly even a greater one.

As for this particular passage, really only the one line here mirrors a portion of Hick's material so I'd say if anything it's just a subtle nod to an already clever description. I don't however think it's intended to apply towards the entire song or even the rest of that particular lyric. Possible of course, but I don't think the one line truly suggests that on it's own.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11
Re: Bill Hicks' version of Rosetta Stoned?

Bill Hicks had a lot of material based upon UFOs, drugs, and any combination of the two. I'm sure to some small extent his influence has filtered it's way into this song and album just as other parts of his material influenced the band on previous efforts. However, with the amount of time and effort Blair invests in UFOs, Area 51, etc; I think he's just as likely an influence and possibly even a greater one.

As for this particular passage, really only the one line here mirrors a portion of Hick's material so I'd say if anything it's just a subtle nod to an already clever description. I don't however think it's intended to apply towards the entire song or even the rest of that particular lyric. Possible of course, but I don't think the one line truly suggests that on it's own.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote