View Single Post
Aunt Acid's Avatar Aunt Acid
08-06-2006, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thDosage
So, I was listening to my old Bill Hicks album yesterday (Relentless) and was listening to the track "Great times on drugs" and realized that parts of it seemed to refer to the exact same story as Rosetta Stoned. For those that haven't heard it, or can't remember, he's talking about being on drugs and jokes around about anti-drug commercials, saying:

"I have seen UFO's split the sky(heh, exact wording as RS) like a sheep...I have had seven balls of light come off of a UFO, lead me onto their ship, explain to me telepathically that we are all one and there is no such thing as death, but I have never, ever, looked at an egg and thought it was a fucking brain."

Does anyone else agree that the idea for this song could have come from this Bill Hicks routine, especially considering the amount of influence Bill Hicks had on Aenema? Anyways for anyone that has access to it, I suggest you listen to it again, it's quite funny.

Another thing to note, not sure whether it's important or not...but this track is the one right before the track with the famous Hicks quote from Third Eye.
It's split the sky like a sheet, but don't forget the whole "Stealth Banana" reference in the song...
Old 08-06-2006, 09:55 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: Bill Hicks' version of Rosetta Stoned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thDosage
So, I was listening to my old Bill Hicks album yesterday (Relentless) and was listening to the track "Great times on drugs" and realized that parts of it seemed to refer to the exact same story as Rosetta Stoned. For those that haven't heard it, or can't remember, he's talking about being on drugs and jokes around about anti-drug commercials, saying:

"I have seen UFO's split the sky(heh, exact wording as RS) like a sheep...I have had seven balls of light come off of a UFO, lead me onto their ship, explain to me telepathically that we are all one and there is no such thing as death, but I have never, ever, looked at an egg and thought it was a fucking brain."

Does anyone else agree that the idea for this song could have come from this Bill Hicks routine, especially considering the amount of influence Bill Hicks had on Aenema? Anyways for anyone that has access to it, I suggest you listen to it again, it's quite funny.

Another thing to note, not sure whether it's important or not...but this track is the one right before the track with the famous Hicks quote from Third Eye.
It's split the sky like a sheet, but don't forget the whole "Stealth Banana" reference in the song...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote