View Single Post
Angel on the Sideline
02-14-2012, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut67 View Post
I Think you are right about Maynard's vocals. He was on top of his game and sounded great. I am a bit confused by the Charlotte concert really though. I mean, the last time they were here in 2009 his vocals were really low and muffled and sounded awful. I remember talking to my wife after the show about it. It made me question whether Maynard was really still into the whole "Tool thing" or not. Then I saw him with APC last summer and his voice was incredible. It made me go "hmmmm". Then when I heard how fantastic he sounded at the Charlotte show this time it blew me away. His vocals were crisp and powerful and he seemed full of himself like old times. His Toolishness was on full display and it made the whole vibe of the show incredible. It gives me great hope that the new album will be better than ever and that theywill tour again soon. It's just kind of confusing as to why the vocals seemed to be so lacking the last few times they have hit the road. I dunno, but I am elated that the old Maynard seems to be back and his voice is amazing. Can't wait to see them again...
Agree 100%. I really think it has everything to do with the sound board mix.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #62
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3
Re: 02.04.2012 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangles Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut67 View Post
I Think you are right about Maynard's vocals. He was on top of his game and sounded great. I am a bit confused by the Charlotte concert really though. I mean, the last time they were here in 2009 his vocals were really low and muffled and sounded awful. I remember talking to my wife after the show about it. It made me question whether Maynard was really still into the whole "Tool thing" or not. Then I saw him with APC last summer and his voice was incredible. It made me go "hmmmm". Then when I heard how fantastic he sounded at the Charlotte show this time it blew me away. His vocals were crisp and powerful and he seemed full of himself like old times. His Toolishness was on full display and it made the whole vibe of the show incredible. It gives me great hope that the new album will be better than ever and that theywill tour again soon. It's just kind of confusing as to why the vocals seemed to be so lacking the last few times they have hit the road. I dunno, but I am elated that the old Maynard seems to be back and his voice is amazing. Can't wait to see them again...
Agree 100%. I really think it has everything to do with the sound board mix.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote