View Single Post
organicdestroyer's Avatar organicdestroyer
02-08-2012, 07:45 AM

As soon as I heard Tool was touring and what a short tour and where the dates were I knew that they were going to do something special. When I read the first set list I knew I was right. I never would have guessed they would have brought some of the songs back that they did and hearing them live was great.
We got to the venue about seven and went to a short line got right in. Security was no problem just looking for weapons. Walked around for a while and yob took the stage. We watched the first song from the concourse then went outside for a smoke. People were really cool. My buddy had a WV pullover on and a lot of people from WV came over and talked with us. Got our pregame on and headed for our seats.
We were in 108 row J pretty close and just a bit higher than the stage. Sound was great really loud but you could hear everybody. Maynard was really clear. They all were into it I could see that for sure. I did hear a few mess-ups. Maynard either didn't sing or missed a line at the end of Pushit and Justin kind of screwed up the wah pedal part in Schism. No big deal though. The guest drummer wasn't doing very well after the jam was over in Lateralus. I had a great view and he was trying to find the beat most the time. HWAP and Pushit were the highlights for me. Seeing those songs live was indescribable. I looked for a poster when I went in and was pissed because they were none. During the show I saw people coming back with rolled up posters and knew something was up. As soon as they left the stage I pushed through and got to the merch counter scoring #85.
I must say this was a great show. The feeling in the building and the band being pumped up made for a great night. I can't wait to see whats coming up from these guys.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #50
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.04.2012 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangles Chicken

As soon as I heard Tool was touring and what a short tour and where the dates were I knew that they were going to do something special. When I read the first set list I knew I was right. I never would have guessed they would have brought some of the songs back that they did and hearing them live was great.
We got to the venue about seven and went to a short line got right in. Security was no problem just looking for weapons. Walked around for a while and yob took the stage. We watched the first song from the concourse then went outside for a smoke. People were really cool. My buddy had a WV pullover on and a lot of people from WV came over and talked with us. Got our pregame on and headed for our seats.
We were in 108 row J pretty close and just a bit higher than the stage. Sound was great really loud but you could hear everybody. Maynard was really clear. They all were into it I could see that for sure. I did hear a few mess-ups. Maynard either didn't sing or missed a line at the end of Pushit and Justin kind of screwed up the wah pedal part in Schism. No big deal though. The guest drummer wasn't doing very well after the jam was over in Lateralus. I had a great view and he was trying to find the beat most the time. HWAP and Pushit were the highlights for me. Seeing those songs live was indescribable. I looked for a poster when I went in and was pissed because they were none. During the show I saw people coming back with rolled up posters and knew something was up. As soon as they left the stage I pushed through and got to the merch counter scoring #85.
I must say this was a great show. The feeling in the building and the band being pumped up made for a great night. I can't wait to see whats coming up from these guys.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote