View Single Post
Angel on the Sideline
02-07-2012, 11:49 AM

Just now getting a chance to post about the show. Drove 8 hours from the Louisville area to see it and hang with my college roomie, and it was definitely worth it. The venue sucked, but this proved to be the best Tool show I have ever seen.

There's not much I can say that everyone else hasn't already covered. So I'll keep it short. The highlights, for me, were Pushit and 46&2. But, really, the entire show rocked start to finish. I wish, however, that some people didn't think Intension isn't a real song. Too many assholes talking around me during that time, apparently thinking it was just a quiet interlude or something. Whatever.

To me, the biggest key of the night was the fact that Maynard's voice wasn't buried in the mix. You could actually hear every single note/word he sang clearly. It was by far the best vocal mix I've been able to enjoy at a Tool show. And, for all those haters out there who relish on picking on Maynard and his voice these days ... the Charlotte show proved you dead wrong. He sounded fantastic!

Anyway, like I said, everyone else has already covered it. So now it's time to wait for May and hope:

A) the album drops then, and;
B) they tour this summer and fall.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #45
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3
Re: 02.04.2012 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangles Chicken

Just now getting a chance to post about the show. Drove 8 hours from the Louisville area to see it and hang with my college roomie, and it was definitely worth it. The venue sucked, but this proved to be the best Tool show I have ever seen.

There's not much I can say that everyone else hasn't already covered. So I'll keep it short. The highlights, for me, were Pushit and 46&2. But, really, the entire show rocked start to finish. I wish, however, that some people didn't think Intension isn't a real song. Too many assholes talking around me during that time, apparently thinking it was just a quiet interlude or something. Whatever.

To me, the biggest key of the night was the fact that Maynard's voice wasn't buried in the mix. You could actually hear every single note/word he sang clearly. It was by far the best vocal mix I've been able to enjoy at a Tool show. And, for all those haters out there who relish on picking on Maynard and his voice these days ... the Charlotte show proved you dead wrong. He sounded fantastic!

Anyway, like I said, everyone else has already covered it. So now it's time to wait for May and hope:

A) the album drops then, and;
B) they tour this summer and fall.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote