View Single Post
Semi-Fiction's Avatar Semi-Fiction
08-05-2009, 09:36 PM

Okay first off, wicked show by Tool. Seen them 7 times now, and this one was just as good as the other 5 I've seen post-10,000 days. Fantastic sound from the pit too... and not too many moshers. Flood was SO powerful with every open D chord for the intro... made me pretty happy. Maynard was funny with his french fries and his entertaining dancing during Jambi. He said some jokes later that I couldn't make out too well... oh well.

Second, Chris from Crystal Castles kinda ruined the feel I got from the rest of the show, which was perfection. Crystal Castles is a cool band, but it's not Tool... and it's pretty much dance music. This is why it didn't fit... he just doesn't play the same difficulty of music. It also didn't seem like he knew the song very well.

Also... Tweak Bird was awesome. The energy they had, and the tones they produced were wicked. I'd definitely see them play again. ...and this is coming from a guy who hated Big Business. So obviously it's not that I have a fetish for 2-piece bands. I hope they do well. They make me want to jam, and just make music that feels right and is fun to play.

Also met the guys from Circa Surivive in the pit. Really cool guys, whose next record will be produced by Bottrill.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.05.09 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Amphitheatre

Okay first off, wicked show by Tool. Seen them 7 times now, and this one was just as good as the other 5 I've seen post-10,000 days. Fantastic sound from the pit too... and not too many moshers. Flood was SO powerful with every open D chord for the intro... made me pretty happy. Maynard was funny with his french fries and his entertaining dancing during Jambi. He said some jokes later that I couldn't make out too well... oh well.

Second, Chris from Crystal Castles kinda ruined the feel I got from the rest of the show, which was perfection. Crystal Castles is a cool band, but it's not Tool... and it's pretty much dance music. This is why it didn't fit... he just doesn't play the same difficulty of music. It also didn't seem like he knew the song very well.

Also... Tweak Bird was awesome. The energy they had, and the tones they produced were wicked. I'd definitely see them play again. ...and this is coming from a guy who hated Big Business. So obviously it's not that I have a fetish for 2-piece bands. I hope they do well. They make me want to jam, and just make music that feels right and is fun to play.

Also met the guys from Circa Surivive in the pit. Really cool guys, whose next record will be produced by Bottrill.
OFFLINE |