View Single Post
bobrutus87
07-30-2009, 03:09 PM

I would have to say that Tool played very well. Folks, Maynard was Maynard. Of course he's not going to be the same as 7 years ago. Artists change and grow as time goes along. If this does not happen, then you can no longer be called an artist. Although it may not be what you wanted it to be, it was exactly what he wanted it to be. When a painter paints a picture, he or she doesn't paint according to what the viewers want, they paint according to what they see, what they want. As far as the setlist goes, I have no idea. I can see why people would be dissapointed with the exact same thing they have seen over and over again. I was also pissed about the Euology tease. My eyes got wide for just a second. And, i'm thinking maybe Mayanrd wanted us to look at the visuals instead of him; or maybe he was just pissed about the guy with the laser, who knows. As for the fans, I was in section 112 not far up at all...row L i think. I had a great view of the stage, and was pleased with the people surrounding me...no problems...good thing about having a seat i suppose. But, all in all i was pleased, especially with the light show which was exquisite. I will see them again.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.29.09 - Charlotte, NC @ Bojangle's Coliseum

I would have to say that Tool played very well. Folks, Maynard was Maynard. Of course he's not going to be the same as 7 years ago. Artists change and grow as time goes along. If this does not happen, then you can no longer be called an artist. Although it may not be what you wanted it to be, it was exactly what he wanted it to be. When a painter paints a picture, he or she doesn't paint according to what the viewers want, they paint according to what they see, what they want. As far as the setlist goes, I have no idea. I can see why people would be dissapointed with the exact same thing they have seen over and over again. I was also pissed about the Euology tease. My eyes got wide for just a second. And, i'm thinking maybe Mayanrd wanted us to look at the visuals instead of him; or maybe he was just pissed about the guy with the laser, who knows. As for the fans, I was in section 112 not far up at all...row L i think. I had a great view of the stage, and was pleased with the people surrounding me...no problems...good thing about having a seat i suppose. But, all in all i was pleased, especially with the light show which was exquisite. I will see them again.
OFFLINE |