View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/19 - Milan, ITA - Filaforum

I had some perspective on this show, it being my 8th Tool show, and attempting to work this show in to my business trip to India...long story on what "attempting" means, I didn't make it to India. Yeah, Maynard didn't seem overly playful, but his voice was strong, as was everything. Tool 's rhythm section is the best in the business, which from the first minute of Rosetta Stoned cast any doubt in that area. Fourty Six & Two is, to me, among the best songs anyone could hear live - stunning even after this many shows.

I can't blame Maynard for not facing the crowd, as he usual does - would you want to face a crowd that's sending flashes in your face? There was NO security in this place, which aside from the problem with dunces taking flash pictures every 10 seconds, was such a nice difference from the States. What blew me away - aside from the vendors who were walking around selling sodas and beers out of coolers, through the crowd on the floor (would never happen in the States, at least in the northeast), was what the house beer was - Miller Genuine Draft. Here I am in Italy, hoping to escape to anything non-American, and they are only serving easily the worst of the American-based beers in existence. Bud would have been OK, though still questionable why in Italy. MGD? I know, who gives a sh*t - it's Tool....but I think you see my point.....it was mind-boggling. Overall a great time, great venue and a great crowd - very mellow, no aggressive a**hole-crowd in Milan.....mille grazzie, Milan, you are awesome.
OFFLINE |