View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/19 - Milan, ITA - Filaforum

Toolo bene

alright, went to the show on monday and i have read all the reviews before this post and still i wanted to share my impressions about the show.

i think what one has to accept is that a tool concert, a tool tour, in europe is only judgeable beyond terms of good or bad.

i went to see the show out in milano with a friend of mine from italy and a friend of mine from the us, i myself am from germany. being round and at the concert we met so many people from all over europe and even the world (there were many americans out there...) as is proven also by the different home countries of people reviewing on this show.

after having a little chat with the carabinieri, which reffered mainly to the title of the fourth song they played at the milan show (those damn german sheperds we should have never allowed them to leave the country...), that ended nicely for us- evviva corruzione!, hearts still pounding heavily we entered filafora just about time and sat down on the highest level to get the mountains' view.

i liked the show a lot since i like listening to tool records and they presented an energetic athmosphere beyong words i guess. re mjk i rather liked how he acts unlike the backstreetboys hoping around in front of the stage he stays on his podium granting each member of the band the same amount of attention, since tool's music delivers its message not only via words. i liked watching at his muscles packed back interpreting the music and maybe he was even looking at us through his third eye.

here i want to point out that tool is playing a monsterous tour even though their bodies keep on ripening in age, i rather find it respectable how hungry they still are.

at this point i want to pick up my starter, how a tool tour means a lot more than good sound quality at the venue. to me they give me room and reason for traveling, meeting new people, their tedious path gives opportunity to many to meet new inspiring personalities, or just grants space for tripping. i really respect them for that.

i really hope they keep on doing their shit for another while

stay positive
OFFLINE |