View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 04:28 PM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/19 - Milan, ITA - Filaforum

Ok then, to be precise, Maynard said "Ok, i'd like you to all to turn to your neighbour and explain to them the effects of camera flashes and strobe lighting on epileptics... so take all of your pictures with flash right now... go on take them and then turn off the flash because otherwise i'm going to pass out... if you don't then i'm just going to turn my back for the entire night" That isn't completely word for word but the main parts are there... so he was insinuating he was epileptic, just wondered if there was any truth in it. Thing is, I don't see how performing facing a wall of very bright, constantly changing and flashing and morphing lights and images is any less distracting than camera flashes from the audience.
That part I could kind of understand though, the thing that pissed me off was at the end when he didn't even salute the audience and just ran off stage when the others stayed behind to do it... Marcello, why should he not want to please the audience dammit? It's not like we're asking for much, he doesn't have to engage in banter or strip naked or spend the entire time locking eyes with us, just coming to the front of the stage and giving a wave at the end of the show would have sufficed, something to show that he actually gave a shit how much this gig meant to us and how much we'd put ourselves out to make it there. He just came across as an arrogant arsehole.
OFFLINE |