View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 08:08 AM   #105
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/18 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

This was the first large arena show I've seen this tour.

1. Nothing unexpected in the setlist as always. They choose good songs, but it's still a short list. For $70, I'd like to get more than 1 hour and 45 minutes of music.

2. Typical performances from everyone. Danny is fun to watch. Adam and Justin pretty much stand still, but sound ok. Maynard was off-key a lot as usual. I know he said he was sick, but he sounded the same as most times I've seen them. I didn't notice a difference.

3. The visuals were weak, except for the lasers. But when compared to the lat tour, these visuals are shit. I like some of the new imagery, but I could hardly see it since IT'S ON THE FLOOR.

All-in-all, I feel bad for anyone who hadn't seen them before this tour. It's still a better-than-average rock show, but I really don't think it's anywhere near as good as the Lateralus shows. I'll be relieved when Isis goes back on tour by themselves. They were amazing for the short time they had.

I guess the highlight for me was the young lady in the row behind me (I was in section 104 row F) who painted herself blue and took off her shirt.

Last edited by saturnal; 09-20-2006 at 08:17 AM..
OFFLINE |