View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 07:33 AM   #103
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/18 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

Tssk, Tssk, Tssk fellow Chicagoans!

Anyone that has a complaint about the show should lighten up! It was totally incredible! The lasers were NOT cheesy, in fact we were the ONLY city who made fun of them. And YES the set list has been the same for three whole nights (as opposed to other bands who keep it the same for an entire tour) but don’t you people realize how much work goes into choreographing and timing those screens to go along with every song! Guess not.

Anywho…Isis…yeah…probably better kept to an instrumental band but still a good “appetizer”….left only mild nausea. : )

TOOL

For those of you who were a bit inebriated/intoxicated/stoned/testosterone flooded—Here is the CORRECT quote that Maynard said about the bears:
“A certain doctor who will not be named (probably so fans don’t track him down and kill him!) told me not to sing this song tonight but you guys have good pizza and the Bears so fuck it!” Launches into “The Pot”.

The set list was tight and Maynard was really trying despite his sore throat. I only spotted one difficulty during The Pot’s high notes you could actually hear his throat crack so bad I winced. It must’ve killed the poor guy, but he continued to stun and never bitched.

Chicago I love you but seriously chill out. If you didn’t walk away feeling totally happy and exhilarated by their effort and artistry, maybe it’s time for you cynical ass to move on…maybe Slipknot or Isis is more your taste ; )

Finally it was great to see more of my fellow females out last night, c’mon ladies you can post too they won’t bite…too hard.
OFFLINE |