View Single Post
gyroscopin
07-09-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
I'm sure its because I've developed a milineal's short attention span, but it's hard for me to stay engaged and focused during the 2 songs we've heard so far. Neither one grab me and pull me in.

Not this it's not quality, quite the opposite, it sounds like everything Tool has done has lead them to this point. I wonder if I've changed.
You're out of your mind, these songs are tight (i'm mostly just kidding with you).
Sometimes I just need people and noise around me to chill out before I can really focus and absorb music.

My own opinion on the band at this point is that they've almost just gotten better. I mean, if you're looking for shredding guitar solos and every lead/melody to be like butter, ya know...

Everyone's got their own style in music anyway. I started on drums, went to guitar, tried some keyboards and so on and I wouldn't call myself the shit on any of them, but not too bad either.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #6110
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
I'm sure its because I've developed a milineal's short attention span, but it's hard for me to stay engaged and focused during the 2 songs we've heard so far. Neither one grab me and pull me in.

Not this it's not quality, quite the opposite, it sounds like everything Tool has done has lead them to this point. I wonder if I've changed.
You're out of your mind, these songs are tight (i'm mostly just kidding with you).
Sometimes I just need people and noise around me to chill out before I can really focus and absorb music.

My own opinion on the band at this point is that they've almost just gotten better. I mean, if you're looking for shredding guitar solos and every lead/melody to be like butter, ya know...

Everyone's got their own style in music anyway. I started on drums, went to guitar, tried some keyboards and so on and I wouldn't call myself the shit on any of them, but not too bad either.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote