Thread: Dr. Watson
View Single Post
a perfect toolcifer's Avatar a perfect toolcifer
07-21-2007, 09:22 PM

Hmmm....There seems to be alot of orchestrated mystery in this album. Wiki search on Dr. Watson (from the Sherlock Holmes Series) turned this up.

Watson also serves the important function of catalyst for Holmes's mental processes. [...] From the writer's point of view, Conan Doyle knew the importance of having someone to whom the detective can make enigmatic remarks, a consciousness that's privy to facts in the case without being in on the conclusions drawn from them until the proper time. Any character who performs these functions in a mystery story has come to be known as a "Watson."

oh yeah, and

Holmes is not at all a stuffy straight-laced Victorian gentleman as one might think; in fact, he describes himself and his habits as "Bohemian". Modern readers of the Holmes stories are apt to be surprised that he was an occasional user (a habitual user when lacking in stimulating cases) of cocaine and morphine, though Watson describes this as Holmes' "only vice". In his personal habits, he is very disorganized, as Watson notes in "The Adventure of the Musgrave Ritual", leaving everything from notes from past cases to remains of chemical experiments scattered around their rooms.

Just a vague similiarity I guess. I am sure it is bullshif
Old 07-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Dr. Watson

Hmmm....There seems to be alot of orchestrated mystery in this album. Wiki search on Dr. Watson (from the Sherlock Holmes Series) turned this up.

Watson also serves the important function of catalyst for Holmes's mental processes. [...] From the writer's point of view, Conan Doyle knew the importance of having someone to whom the detective can make enigmatic remarks, a consciousness that's privy to facts in the case without being in on the conclusions drawn from them until the proper time. Any character who performs these functions in a mystery story has come to be known as a "Watson."

oh yeah, and

Holmes is not at all a stuffy straight-laced Victorian gentleman as one might think; in fact, he describes himself and his habits as "Bohemian". Modern readers of the Holmes stories are apt to be surprised that he was an occasional user (a habitual user when lacking in stimulating cases) of cocaine and morphine, though Watson describes this as Holmes' "only vice". In his personal habits, he is very disorganized, as Watson notes in "The Adventure of the Musgrave Ritual", leaving everything from notes from past cases to remains of chemical experiments scattered around their rooms.

Just a vague similiarity I guess. I am sure it is bullshif