View Single Post
njm's Avatar njm
01-27-2011, 02:53 PM

I just thought I’d share a few observations I had at the show.

There’s no point arguing about this… but I didn’t like 3rd eye as the first song! For me it actually took until the patient before I got into the show. After 3rd eye Maynard said “we are too old” not sure why he thought that! Jambi and Vicarious sounded a bit flat… That might just be me though, and that’s cool.

The Patient was flawless though, loved it. Intolerance after that was just mind blowing! So much power in that song!

Did anyone else hear Adam play the guitar line of Pushit just before they broke into Schism? I think I was just deluding myself, but that’s what I thought I heard. The sped up midsection was slightly different, Adam walked over and pointed to Justin and made him start it off, playing Adams normal part. Was very cool.

Lateralus was awesome, but just once I would love to hear them do it straight through with no jam in the middle section! After Danny’s drum solo Maynard came out with a score of 0.. threw it onto Dannys kit and I saw that Danny was struggling! Not sure, but to me it looked like he was completely fucked! Possibly hungover!? Danny just scrunched the paper up and threw it on the stage, pretty funny. If he was tired, he didn’t show it while playing though.

After Aenema we were thinking there was one more song and it had to be Stinkfist. Then Maynard sang the first line of The Pot, waited and the crowd went nuts and sang the second part. Then Maynard came in with the second part and the song started. It fucking rocked.

After that, Maynard actually walked towards to front of the stage, gave Danny and Justin his Australian flags that he had been waving around, and waved to the crowd! While Adam just walked straight off stage.

All in all it was a great gig, I agree with everyone saying that Rammstein stole the show. But as a Tool nerd I still enjoyed them more!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
njm
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.26.11 - Big Day Out - Sydney

I just thought I’d share a few observations I had at the show.

There’s no point arguing about this… but I didn’t like 3rd eye as the first song! For me it actually took until the patient before I got into the show. After 3rd eye Maynard said “we are too old” not sure why he thought that! Jambi and Vicarious sounded a bit flat… That might just be me though, and that’s cool.

The Patient was flawless though, loved it. Intolerance after that was just mind blowing! So much power in that song!

Did anyone else hear Adam play the guitar line of Pushit just before they broke into Schism? I think I was just deluding myself, but that’s what I thought I heard. The sped up midsection was slightly different, Adam walked over and pointed to Justin and made him start it off, playing Adams normal part. Was very cool.

Lateralus was awesome, but just once I would love to hear them do it straight through with no jam in the middle section! After Danny’s drum solo Maynard came out with a score of 0.. threw it onto Dannys kit and I saw that Danny was struggling! Not sure, but to me it looked like he was completely fucked! Possibly hungover!? Danny just scrunched the paper up and threw it on the stage, pretty funny. If he was tired, he didn’t show it while playing though.

After Aenema we were thinking there was one more song and it had to be Stinkfist. Then Maynard sang the first line of The Pot, waited and the crowd went nuts and sang the second part. Then Maynard came in with the second part and the song started. It fucking rocked.

After that, Maynard actually walked towards to front of the stage, gave Danny and Justin his Australian flags that he had been waving around, and waved to the crowd! While Adam just walked straight off stage.

All in all it was a great gig, I agree with everyone saying that Rammstein stole the show. But as a Tool nerd I still enjoyed them more!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote