View Single Post
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
05-15-2018, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairLicksTaint View Post
swimminginmusic, Would love to hear a recap of clinic! I won't be able to make it out to any of them so I'm curious to hear what people think.
Currently waiting for the train back to O’Hare. Definitely a completely new tool experience for me. I did some early morning sight-seeing and got to the venu about noon. Nobody was in line yet, but 3 tour busses and semis were parked out front, so I decided to take the first seat and watch them unload. After about an hour, Adam walks up, introduces himself (like I didn’t know who he was), and asked if I was there for the show. We spoke for a min and he asked if I could step out of frame while he took a picture with the marquee. All I was thinking was “Be cool. Just be cool...”

The doors were delayed by about 20 mins because the Yondr phone pouches were stuck in traffic, but as soon as they arrived, it was on. 1st through the door so I was about 6ft from Danny’s drumset and dead center. They kept most of the lights on during the performance and Adam encouraged the house lights to stay on during Q&A.

They’d play a couple songs, then sit down and answer some questions, then go back and play some songs. The time seemed to go by VERY quickly. After they were done, we filed out, got our phones back, and were free to either take pics of the artifact museum, or line up to take a picture with Danny & Justin. Security made it clear there was no time for bullshitting. A quick handshake & a picture.

Shirts and signed posters (maybe unsigned also) for ROTR & Northern Invasion were available as well as regular merch. The NI posters were the same design, only blueish.

As far as Chicago goes, I walked thru Millennium Park, hotdog at Portillos, talked to cooks behind Alinea (I’m a chef/fan), saw wriglyville during a game, and had a shot of Malort & beers at Delilah’s Punk & whiskey bar. Thanks for the advice.

Looking forward to reading more reports.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 05-15-2018, 12:50 AM   #5882
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairLicksTaint View Post
swimminginmusic, Would love to hear a recap of clinic! I won't be able to make it out to any of them so I'm curious to hear what people think.
Currently waiting for the train back to O’Hare. Definitely a completely new tool experience for me. I did some early morning sight-seeing and got to the venu about noon. Nobody was in line yet, but 3 tour busses and semis were parked out front, so I decided to take the first seat and watch them unload. After about an hour, Adam walks up, introduces himself (like I didn’t know who he was), and asked if I was there for the show. We spoke for a min and he asked if I could step out of frame while he took a picture with the marquee. All I was thinking was “Be cool. Just be cool...”

The doors were delayed by about 20 mins because the Yondr phone pouches were stuck in traffic, but as soon as they arrived, it was on. 1st through the door so I was about 6ft from Danny’s drumset and dead center. They kept most of the lights on during the performance and Adam encouraged the house lights to stay on during Q&A.

They’d play a couple songs, then sit down and answer some questions, then go back and play some songs. The time seemed to go by VERY quickly. After they were done, we filed out, got our phones back, and were free to either take pics of the artifact museum, or line up to take a picture with Danny & Justin. Security made it clear there was no time for bullshitting. A quick handshake & a picture.

Shirts and signed posters (maybe unsigned also) for ROTR & Northern Invasion were available as well as regular merch. The NI posters were the same design, only blueish.

As far as Chicago goes, I walked thru Millennium Park, hotdog at Portillos, talked to cooks behind Alinea (I’m a chef/fan), saw wriglyville during a game, and had a shot of Malort & beers at Delilah’s Punk & whiskey bar. Thanks for the advice.

Looking forward to reading more reports.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote