Thread: New Tool Album
View Single Post
doug galecawitz's Avatar doug galecawitz
02-24-2023, 04:51 AM

perhaps it's just that i've aged and chemically speaking my brain just ain't wired up the same way it needs to be in order for music to hit me viscerally..... perhaps it is that or perhaps the new too album ain't that great...... perhaps the members aren't the hungry young artists they were and the lack of immediacy shows through....... perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. i can't help but feel that tool, somewhere near the end of the lateralus album got into groove of 10 minute canoodling which at the time was interesting. but they seem to have gotten stuck there. question: if tool wanted to could they even craft a spectacular song clocking in between three or four minutes? i'm sure the new album has some amazing technical proficiency, but there's more to songs than that.

again. maybe i'm just getting old
Old 02-24-2023, 04:51 AM   #1831
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: New Tool Album

perhaps it's just that i've aged and chemically speaking my brain just ain't wired up the same way it needs to be in order for music to hit me viscerally..... perhaps it is that or perhaps the new too album ain't that great...... perhaps the members aren't the hungry young artists they were and the lack of immediacy shows through....... perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. i can't help but feel that tool, somewhere near the end of the lateralus album got into groove of 10 minute canoodling which at the time was interesting. but they seem to have gotten stuck there. question: if tool wanted to could they even craft a spectacular song clocking in between three or four minutes? i'm sure the new album has some amazing technical proficiency, but there's more to songs than that.

again. maybe i'm just getting old