View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635
Re: upcoming record poll

I don't really expect a new Tool album release before 2010 or maybe even 2011. Maynard seems to be too busy harvesting from both Merkin vineyards but also from his commercial vehicle called Puscifer right now. And the term "starting to work on a new album right now" is still a long way towards a new release anyway.

I also keep in mind this COULD actually be their final album. They've reached a certain level right now that i find hard to believe that they can maintain very long. From what i read about it, 10K recieved good critics but not as overwhelming as with Ænema or Lateralus. And i strongly believe they will not allow Tool to become a pathetic reflection of it's glorydays. So i think the'd rather pull the plug than go on and on until no-one really gives a damn about this band called Tool which was once known for making terrific music way back...

I'm not trying to be a pessimist. I really hope to enjoy Tool's great music for a long time. I'm just trying to be realistic. Tool is not eternal....