View Single Post
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
03-05-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Saying Stinkfist is strictly about fisting isn't entirely true in my opinion. I think it's just double-entendre. Fisting and over-stimulization both.

As for the Pot. I think marijuana is relavant in this song, but just another double-entendre. The pot calling the kettle black and calling out potheads to some degree. You have to realize that Tool likes to compact a lot of meaning into their songs to make it have a greater impact.
Exactly....my point being that I don't think Stinkfist was written about actually fisting though, I think it was meant as more of a metaphor to the desensation of people in general, however..the one guy above mentioned the line "shit, blood and cum on my hands" does seem to lean it back towards the physical aspect of fisting so I guess I'm torn a little on the matter now.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #19
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135
Re: marijuana is to the pot as butt rape is to prison sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Saying Stinkfist is strictly about fisting isn't entirely true in my opinion. I think it's just double-entendre. Fisting and over-stimulization both.

As for the Pot. I think marijuana is relavant in this song, but just another double-entendre. The pot calling the kettle black and calling out potheads to some degree. You have to realize that Tool likes to compact a lot of meaning into their songs to make it have a greater impact.
Exactly....my point being that I don't think Stinkfist was written about actually fisting though, I think it was meant as more of a metaphor to the desensation of people in general, however..the one guy above mentioned the line "shit, blood and cum on my hands" does seem to lean it back towards the physical aspect of fisting so I guess I'm torn a little on the matter now.