Thread: Why No Quarter?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 09:51 AM   #27
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Why No Quarter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker23
The reason TOOL picked NO QUARTER is the meaning of the song itself. It has a lot of references to Tolkien and Mythology. Example "dogs of doom" "winds of thor" " are some of them. The song is about our ancestors that were persucuted and killed for their beliefs, thus having NO QUARTER. " They carry news that must get through, to build a dream for me and you" This song is a tribute to them, those that died to keep their beliefs alive. TOOL changed some of the lyrics to connect our past with the present, and took out a lot of the Tolkien references. Basically the song is about people who believe in what our ancestors died to keep alive still have NO QUARTER today. Since you are TOOL fans you should know that they are into the occult. So when you ask stupid questions like why NO QUARTER? Its the worst ZEP song I ever heard? It makes you sound stupid to real TOOL fans that know what their about. Don't over simplify them..... In this song there is a hidden message in French, why? Rennes le Chateu, if you want to know more about TOOL and their beliefs then type that into your search engine. Before you ask questions or make comments please know what the fuck your talking about and save yourself some embarressment
I agree completely, Kicker. Nice job.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote