View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:31 AM   #87
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 46 and 2,what the numbers mean

Just briefly (I'm too tired to type a long post at the moment):
Gaining a number of chromosomes isn't necessarily an evolutionary step forward. It's simply a variation. However, most born with a number of chromosomes different to the norm' are not in an advantageous state of being. I don't mean to be insulting here - I simply mean that those with extra chromosomes don't seem to represent a "higher" state of being. Rather, they suffer from abnormalities, deficiencies and problems that can be life threatening.

And, incidentally, I was under the impression that Down's Syndrome referred to Trisomy 21 - the presence of a single extra chromosome. I didn't think that two extra chromosomes constitutes Down's Syndrome. Maybe I'm wrong - if so, correct me...

As to the song - I admit that when I first attempted to find meaning in it, I did think of the number of chromosomes in the human being. I didn't understand the reference to two more, however. I'm still deliberating whether the Forty-Six and Two refers to an "evolutionary step forward". I do feel that the Shadow reference has alot to do with Jungian ideas, however.