View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #6680
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 206
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monko View Post
This might sound like a silly question to some of you: is it worth it to see Tool two nights in a row? ............................

Considering this...what's your veredict?
I think you already got your answer from the above posts. But let me add a short little story from the '07 spring/summer tour. A couple I worked with are Tool fans and when the dates started being announced after Danny recovered from his injury, Portland, ME and Albany, NY where scheduled on nights we were scheduled off. However, the Mansfield, MA show was on our scheduled night to work. I still went ahead and got tickets for Mansfield and took a Vacation Day while they decided to skip Mansfield and just go to Portland and Albany. Lets just say when I picked them up for the Portland show and told them they played both FLOOD and PUSHIT @ Mansfield the were kicking each other in the ass for not taking the night off. Even more so after the Albany show when the played just Flood in Portland and Albany. But at least they got to see Maynard trying to hide from the terrorist.

I can tell a similar story about some friends who went to the Manchester show in '02 and had tickets for the '02 Lowell show, but at the last minute gave me the tickets to sell for them because they figured it would be almost the same show as Manchester. Again, same thing when they found out they played Cold & Ugly and Third Eye.

And then there was my roommate in the summer of '02 who went to Boston, skipped Providence, and went to Manchester. He didn't believe me about the "hissy fit" until he heard some other people talking about @ the Manchester show.

So yeah, go to both shows if you can afford to. Even if they play the same set, there's always something new to see. For example, the '01 Hershey show was GA so I grabbed a seat up high on the right side looking over Danny's shoulder (perfect view) and all I did for the entire show was watch Danny play. Never looked at anyone else. That was the 5th of 10 shows so it wasn't like there was something I was going to miss and never have a chance to see again.

I'm living down in Florida right now and I'm driving up to the Atlanta show on the 27th and then flying up to Manchester on friday for the 8/2 show. Helps to not have to pay for lodging for the 3 days.
OFFLINE |