View Single Post
frant1c
09-06-2007, 12:00 AM

I was there, and as a longtime Tool fan I must say I was mildly disappointed. This is my fourth Tool show, and definitely the least memorable, and probably a letdown for people who were there for the first time.

The show was short. Considering that it's their first time in Croatia, and that quite a lot people came (at a time (summer) when many concerts here get moved to smaller venues, like Groove Armada, Tool was one of the rare ones which was moved to a bigger venue), and that the atmosphere was very supportive, I expected at least one more song. Well, anything extra or out of the ordinary would do.

Furthermore, the next day in Belgrade they played the exact same setlist, which was probably a huge disappointment for the fans who went to both concerts (and Tool has a lot of hardcore fans in these areas, I personally know several people who went to Belgrade the next day).

I'm completely used to Tool's standoffish ways, mind you. I don't expect Maynard to ever come into the light and talk much. I like their theatrics. But, comparing this to a show a couple of years ago in Vienna, in front of a slightly bored audience, which had 2 songs from Opiate, several songs from Undertow, some from Aenima, and practically the entire Lateralus...with Maynard having fun and urging people to "take their clothes off"...well, this show was undeniably much, much weaker.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/09/04 - Zagreb, Croatia - Salata

I was there, and as a longtime Tool fan I must say I was mildly disappointed. This is my fourth Tool show, and definitely the least memorable, and probably a letdown for people who were there for the first time.

The show was short. Considering that it's their first time in Croatia, and that quite a lot people came (at a time (summer) when many concerts here get moved to smaller venues, like Groove Armada, Tool was one of the rare ones which was moved to a bigger venue), and that the atmosphere was very supportive, I expected at least one more song. Well, anything extra or out of the ordinary would do.

Furthermore, the next day in Belgrade they played the exact same setlist, which was probably a huge disappointment for the fans who went to both concerts (and Tool has a lot of hardcore fans in these areas, I personally know several people who went to Belgrade the next day).

I'm completely used to Tool's standoffish ways, mind you. I don't expect Maynard to ever come into the light and talk much. I like their theatrics. But, comparing this to a show a couple of years ago in Vienna, in front of a slightly bored audience, which had 2 songs from Opiate, several songs from Undertow, some from Aenima, and practically the entire Lateralus...with Maynard having fun and urging people to "take their clothes off"...well, this show was undeniably much, much weaker.
OFFLINE |