View Single Post
Phorty's Avatar Phorty
09-13-2006, 02:55 PM

Regardless of whether or not Tool embraces the occult or if they were just using it as an example of a lesser dogmatic evil isn’t even what’s important at this point. The fact is that they were able to push the boundaries of what the common audience member conceived as irrational and managed to rouse a sense of curiosity , in all respects of the word. The curiosity to question authority , to question supposed "foundations" , to be open and accepting rather then being ignorant and narrow minded . That , I believe is the true purpose of their usage of the occult , and if perhaps for no other purpose it may simply be to weed out the easily bamboozled who will bite at anything anyone with any form of authority may toss unto them.
The point is people in general should be confident and open enough to decide by their own convictions what their belief is to be .
"squeegeeing my third glass eye"
Old 09-13-2006, 02:55 PM   #52
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Tool and the Occult

Regardless of whether or not Tool embraces the occult or if they were just using it as an example of a lesser dogmatic evil isn’t even what’s important at this point. The fact is that they were able to push the boundaries of what the common audience member conceived as irrational and managed to rouse a sense of curiosity , in all respects of the word. The curiosity to question authority , to question supposed "foundations" , to be open and accepting rather then being ignorant and narrow minded . That , I believe is the true purpose of their usage of the occult , and if perhaps for no other purpose it may simply be to weed out the easily bamboozled who will bite at anything anyone with any form of authority may toss unto them.
The point is people in general should be confident and open enough to decide by their own convictions what their belief is to be .
"squeegeeing my third glass eye"
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote