View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:30 AM   #138
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/18 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymeria View Post
My first tool concert!!! I was completely blown away. We had decent seats (section 111 Row L) and from where I was sitting the acoustics didn't sound that bad for the most part.

Highlights- 10,000 days, Schism, Aenima, Forty Six & 2, Vicarious and Lateralus. Lateralus has actually never been one of my favourite songs but it was just so amazing live. They really do a lot with it. I was also really glad that they did 10,000 days. A friend of mine saw them in Seattle a few weeks ago and they hadn't done it then. When they started Wings I was hardly listening because I was so anxious to see if they'd do 10,000 days! Vicarious.. I'm surprised that not many, or maybe no one has really listed that as one of the highlights. I realize that it's played a lot on the radio and what not but I still think it's one of the best songs on the 10,000 days album and since some of the people last night really only seemed to know that song... It had a lot of energy from the crowd which was kind of nice.

Does Maynard always dress like that for concerts? He looked awesome.

Also, I've never really been an Isis fan but I thought they kicked some major ass last night.

Bad stuff- All the fucking smoke... Oh. My. (Insert higher power here). I had just won a debate about how the government shouldn't regulate smoking in public buildings and I was questioning my reasoning last night. My throat was burning after the concert from all the smoke.. Ugh. Parking. I cannot believe how they were parking cars. And then the police directing traffic to the highway? I mean... you'd think that Rosemont would teach its police how to direct traffic. Anyways, those are more about the venue than the show itself.

I've no complaints about the show. Tool kicked some major ass and I cannot wait until they come back to Chicago (or anywhere within a few hours of Chicago).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I concur about your statement with the idiotic cops "directing" traffic...we were parked in the Target lot just on the other side of the Allstate lot, and when we were coming out, the dickhead pig made us wait until ALL the friggin cars that got suckered out of 15 bones in the paid lot, were gone...15 fucking minutes we were waiting...if I wansnt so drunk and high, I would have went around him...