View Single Post
AgentDMT
06-21-2010, 09:48 PM

Tool started at 9pm, played 110 minute set. And in regard to the gong strike.... awesome... I'm always amazed how he is able to quickly grab the mallet during that insane and oddly timed phrase, strike the gong without looking, drop it and regain the stick and continue the phrase flawlessly.

Oh an Wovenhand was not good. I prefer bands to have a guitar part that plays more than one note over and over again (I guess it could be just that song). Drummer has tight complex rhythms but the rest of the band is rather lacking. I understand the singer is dual-roled here. He needs to get better, and the songs need to have a little more creativity before I will think they are good.

Last edited by AgentDMT; 06-21-2010 at 09:52 PM..
Old 06-21-2010, 09:48 PM   #26
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.20.2010 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

Tool started at 9pm, played 110 minute set. And in regard to the gong strike.... awesome... I'm always amazed how he is able to quickly grab the mallet during that insane and oddly timed phrase, strike the gong without looking, drop it and regain the stick and continue the phrase flawlessly.

Oh an Wovenhand was not good. I prefer bands to have a guitar part that plays more than one note over and over again (I guess it could be just that song). Drummer has tight complex rhythms but the rest of the band is rather lacking. I understand the singer is dual-roled here. He needs to get better, and the songs need to have a little more creativity before I will think they are good.

Last edited by AgentDMT; 06-21-2010 at 09:52 PM..
OFFLINE |