View Single Post
mattdiggsit
06-21-2010, 12:29 PM

Excellent show. 5th or 6th time seeing em and this may have been the best yet (at least until tomorrow in Cedar Park). It had a greatest hits kinda feel to it. Pretty sweet that the switched it up and let us hear The Patient, Intolerance and 3rd Eye. Drove all the way from Dallas and then drove all the way back later that night (and still made it to work at 8am...). Decided to drink 5hr energy drinks instead of beer... Longest lines ever to get in. And then the line to get a shirt/poster???? Whew. I paid a youngster $15 to cut to the front (there had to be 200 people in line!). I saw the $450 poster and it was pretty sweet. Adam drew a skeleton inside of the monster in silver sharpee marker. They only had 1 left (meaning 5 people must've paid $450/ea for a poster!)

Ran into some dudes from high school that i haven't seen in about 5-10 years (at least), sitting directly behind me in the last row of the floor (sec F i think??). What are the chances i'd be sitting/standing next to some dudes i knew?? Out of all of those people at the venue, i probably only knew a handful and most of them were randomly right next to me. Weird, huh?

Paid $100 for a signed poster. The monster looks pretty badass on this one (you can probably see one on eBay). Hmmm... I checked Tool's merch site and they had many other concert posters. I saw Tool at the Mile High Fest last year and missed out on a poster. Then last week i was on eBay fixing to buy one for $60 when my buddy told me the site was sellin em for $25. Score!

Something sure was smelling skunky towards the back of the floor... I thought it was funny that security was more concerned with cameras than pot. Is Houston a stoner friendly city??
Old 06-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 06.20.2010 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

Excellent show. 5th or 6th time seeing em and this may have been the best yet (at least until tomorrow in Cedar Park). It had a greatest hits kinda feel to it. Pretty sweet that the switched it up and let us hear The Patient, Intolerance and 3rd Eye. Drove all the way from Dallas and then drove all the way back later that night (and still made it to work at 8am...). Decided to drink 5hr energy drinks instead of beer... Longest lines ever to get in. And then the line to get a shirt/poster???? Whew. I paid a youngster $15 to cut to the front (there had to be 200 people in line!). I saw the $450 poster and it was pretty sweet. Adam drew a skeleton inside of the monster in silver sharpee marker. They only had 1 left (meaning 5 people must've paid $450/ea for a poster!)

Ran into some dudes from high school that i haven't seen in about 5-10 years (at least), sitting directly behind me in the last row of the floor (sec F i think??). What are the chances i'd be sitting/standing next to some dudes i knew?? Out of all of those people at the venue, i probably only knew a handful and most of them were randomly right next to me. Weird, huh?

Paid $100 for a signed poster. The monster looks pretty badass on this one (you can probably see one on eBay). Hmmm... I checked Tool's merch site and they had many other concert posters. I saw Tool at the Mile High Fest last year and missed out on a poster. Then last week i was on eBay fixing to buy one for $60 when my buddy told me the site was sellin em for $25. Score!

Something sure was smelling skunky towards the back of the floor... I thought it was funny that security was more concerned with cameras than pot. Is Houston a stoner friendly city??
OFFLINE |