View Single Post
kanaduh
06-20-2010, 08:37 PM

WOW at visuals. I cannot say enough about them. The 7 screen stage with the 2 moving screens is insane! This has got to be on par with their best shows of the lateralus era from a stage and visual perspective. Bravo junior and crew!
-maynardism: "public service announcement. I'm engaged. So you chicks in the front row put your shirts back on. It's nit gonna happen"
-maynardism: "everyone raise your hand..... If you like Michael J Fox. Y'know... Back to the future? Well we kind of have a flux capacitator.. To the past" cue intolerance.
-maynardism: "for the next 2 hours.... Nothing else matters"
-i want to know what technology they use for the moving screens. I noticed later in the show when they turned them off they were see-through!! That's crazy.
-EXTENDED songs! I forgot to mention yesterday but Third Eye is actually an extended live version at the end! So is intolerance. The patient also has extended intro on the guitar. Usual extensions on stinkfist and schism.
-the 2 moving screens also have the ability to tilt in weird directions. So at one point they both were diagonally facing the middle of the stage while on a slant. It's hard to explain. Damn the visuals were outstanding even for tool standards.
-the new lighting rigs junior uses are interesting. 4 separate sets of lights each with 4 lights that move individually. Each rig has the ability to move up and down the stage AND rocks back and forth. During The Patient they had the moving tilted screens, light rigs rocking back and forth plus slowly moving layers of lasers. Just try to imagine that.
-the background video footage for Third Eye is AWESOME. Good fucking god.
-they played the Leary third eye intro speech twice
-nardo took cellphone pics again at start of show. This time he made it back to sinv the lyrics though.

Okay I need to stop this review because all I'm doing is jizzinv my pants over every aspect of the concert

also I owe a HUGE thanks to tdner "mandragora" who responded to my post on this forum and taxi'd me to and from the venue. even shared some of the tool herbal remedy ;)
as always, the people of the tdn tool community are incredible.

Bottom line: GO TO A SHOW IF POSSIBLE. One day when this band is gone the 2010 summer tour will be at the very top alongside a couple ones many years ago.

Last edited by kanaduh; 06-20-2010 at 10:22 PM..
Old 06-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
Re: 06.20.2010 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

WOW at visuals. I cannot say enough about them. The 7 screen stage with the 2 moving screens is insane! This has got to be on par with their best shows of the lateralus era from a stage and visual perspective. Bravo junior and crew!
-maynardism: "public service announcement. I'm engaged. So you chicks in the front row put your shirts back on. It's nit gonna happen"
-maynardism: "everyone raise your hand..... If you like Michael J Fox. Y'know... Back to the future? Well we kind of have a flux capacitator.. To the past" cue intolerance.
-maynardism: "for the next 2 hours.... Nothing else matters"
-i want to know what technology they use for the moving screens. I noticed later in the show when they turned them off they were see-through!! That's crazy.
-EXTENDED songs! I forgot to mention yesterday but Third Eye is actually an extended live version at the end! So is intolerance. The patient also has extended intro on the guitar. Usual extensions on stinkfist and schism.
-the 2 moving screens also have the ability to tilt in weird directions. So at one point they both were diagonally facing the middle of the stage while on a slant. It's hard to explain. Damn the visuals were outstanding even for tool standards.
-the new lighting rigs junior uses are interesting. 4 separate sets of lights each with 4 lights that move individually. Each rig has the ability to move up and down the stage AND rocks back and forth. During The Patient they had the moving tilted screens, light rigs rocking back and forth plus slowly moving layers of lasers. Just try to imagine that.
-the background video footage for Third Eye is AWESOME. Good fucking god.
-they played the Leary third eye intro speech twice
-nardo took cellphone pics again at start of show. This time he made it back to sinv the lyrics though.

Okay I need to stop this review because all I'm doing is jizzinv my pants over every aspect of the concert

also I owe a HUGE thanks to tdner "mandragora" who responded to my post on this forum and taxi'd me to and from the venue. even shared some of the tool herbal remedy ;)
as always, the people of the tdn tool community are incredible.

Bottom line: GO TO A SHOW IF POSSIBLE. One day when this band is gone the 2010 summer tour will be at the very top alongside a couple ones many years ago.

Last edited by kanaduh; 06-20-2010 at 10:22 PM..
OFFLINE |