View Single Post
PapaSmurf
08-08-2009, 04:44 PM

I have been a fan of Tool since I first saw/heard Sober on MTV. I've bought all their records the day they were released, but never was able to catch them live, until last night. They have been on top of my "must see list" for years. But after reading all the nitpicky, negative reviews on this site I was a little concerned. Now, I've been to hundreds of show over the last 20 years, and maybe last night was a fluke. But I saw one of the most original,inventive and uncompromising bands of all time last night. The venue was unique to me (fuck lawn seating!), the crowd was into it, and Tool rang my bell. Just how I like it. MJK did what he has always done - bridge the gap between wierd and beauty. He is the " bizzaro-world's David Lee Roth. And Danny Carey done what only Danny Carey can do. He is the only drummer I can think of who assumes the role of "lead guitarist", know what I mean? Not bad for a big ol' white boy from Kansas. Anyway, all the whinning crybabies on this page should just be glad that ,in a nation of idiots, a band like Tool was able to rise up with the cream, and continue at such a high level for all these years.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:44 PM   #35
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.07.09 - Cincinnati, OH @ PNC Pavillion

I have been a fan of Tool since I first saw/heard Sober on MTV. I've bought all their records the day they were released, but never was able to catch them live, until last night. They have been on top of my "must see list" for years. But after reading all the nitpicky, negative reviews on this site I was a little concerned. Now, I've been to hundreds of show over the last 20 years, and maybe last night was a fluke. But I saw one of the most original,inventive and uncompromising bands of all time last night. The venue was unique to me (fuck lawn seating!), the crowd was into it, and Tool rang my bell. Just how I like it. MJK did what he has always done - bridge the gap between wierd and beauty. He is the " bizzaro-world's David Lee Roth. And Danny Carey done what only Danny Carey can do. He is the only drummer I can think of who assumes the role of "lead guitarist", know what I mean? Not bad for a big ol' white boy from Kansas. Anyway, all the whinning crybabies on this page should just be glad that ,in a nation of idiots, a band like Tool was able to rise up with the cream, and continue at such a high level for all these years.
OFFLINE |