View Single Post
croatoa
08-08-2009, 09:32 AM

Well, we were section 100 row M, Faaarr house right/stage left, and I'm afraid our experience suffered for it.

Had friends in the pit who said it sounded good there, not in our section. Jambi sounded horrifyingly muddy where we were sitting, it started to get a little better with Stinkfist, and then even a tiny bit better for 46 & 2, but even then still pretty awful. Could just barely hear Maynard and even then couldn't make out a single word he said/sang. Ugh.

Sounds like many of you had better audible experiences from where you were sitting and that's cool.
Don't think I can blame the band or crew for this one, I think it was the venue and our far off to the side position.

*Sigh*, 18th Tool show and I'd have to rank it right at the bottom at number 18 in terms of best to worst experiences (May of 2001 @ Detroit State Theater for Pre-Seminal 4 city mini tour was far and away #1).

*Frowny Face*
Old 08-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.07.09 - Cincinnati, OH @ PNC Pavillion

Well, we were section 100 row M, Faaarr house right/stage left, and I'm afraid our experience suffered for it.

Had friends in the pit who said it sounded good there, not in our section. Jambi sounded horrifyingly muddy where we were sitting, it started to get a little better with Stinkfist, and then even a tiny bit better for 46 & 2, but even then still pretty awful. Could just barely hear Maynard and even then couldn't make out a single word he said/sang. Ugh.

Sounds like many of you had better audible experiences from where you were sitting and that's cool.
Don't think I can blame the band or crew for this one, I think it was the venue and our far off to the side position.

*Sigh*, 18th Tool show and I'd have to rank it right at the bottom at number 18 in terms of best to worst experiences (May of 2001 @ Detroit State Theater for Pre-Seminal 4 city mini tour was far and away #1).

*Frowny Face*
OFFLINE |