View Single Post
Chadbourne's Avatar Chadbourne
08-04-2009, 08:29 AM

i was in sec 212 too - and to that guy who posted earleir you are right - there was 1 guy in the front row (im guessign you?) who was standing. i was 3 or 4 rows behind you to the left, and the 3 of us were standing. it felt weird to think i may be blockign someones view. sorry, i guess, but i dont go to concerts to sit down. tool should be enjoyed however an indivudual sees fit. if that means zoning out and releshing in the moment thats great. you want to mosh it up thats fine too - but when appropriate. i swear some guys wanted to slam around during a 13 minute interlude.

anyway - i was at the All Popints West festival so i did the drive MJK was bitching about. relax guy - i highly doubt you were the one behind the wheel in the 1st place. To his credit, i will say his performance Sat night in NJ was very good. the music wasnt as loud but i could hear him pretty well. he danced around a lot more than i expected after reading reviews. they were late at APW too - 945 turned into 1010 - but they didnt have the rediculous gaps in between songs. they didnt play lost keyes but swaped it for a shorter intro. i was very pleased with that performance despite stading in shit-smelling NJ mud. then came the NH show.

talk about uninterested. maynard barely moved. maybe he was a bit tired - i get that, but c'mon. the guys on the floor standing for 3 hours arent? and way to take the steam out of the crowd. they chanted for 20 minutes until it got to be 930 then they all gave up. beer stands closed before tool went on. people were yawning before the show. yawning before a tool show. can you picture that?

there is no doubt in my mind they delayed the show so they can play the bare minimum requirement - 1.5 hrs. yes, 90 minutes has been their normal set length, but not with 5, 9,13 minutes delays in between songs. so frustrating. i love to meditate and ponder my existence too - but not at the expense of missing a few more songs. we came to hear the songs, not loud drones or a recorded vocal remix of lsot keyes. say waht you will about naynard, but the whole band is to be blamed for this. if your not on the same page or are going to pout forth the bare minimum and gimic the rest of our time and money - dont tour.

When they are in the act of playing music - one quickly forgives. then you wait another 6 minutes for the next song.

DC is so damn good (wonders why they even invite another drummer on stage? ohh, to kill set time. right) i kinda feel for him - hes got to be wonderign how much longer this is goign to last. i feel the band tried to up the intensity to get MJK into it, but once his mind is made up theres nothing anyone can do.

overall the show was ok. a lot of issues that i share with others on here. dont take the negativity the wrong way - tool has demonstarated a unique ability to perform live. its what we have come to expect. we can tell when their efforts are sincere and when they clearly are not.

i hope this is a bump in the road and the issues on the inside (there has got to be at this point) get cleared up. the old tool we know will not be back, but the here and now tool could certainly be better.

Yes. Oiu. Si. Shit adds up at the Bottom
Old 08-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #61
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

i was in sec 212 too - and to that guy who posted earleir you are right - there was 1 guy in the front row (im guessign you?) who was standing. i was 3 or 4 rows behind you to the left, and the 3 of us were standing. it felt weird to think i may be blockign someones view. sorry, i guess, but i dont go to concerts to sit down. tool should be enjoyed however an indivudual sees fit. if that means zoning out and releshing in the moment thats great. you want to mosh it up thats fine too - but when appropriate. i swear some guys wanted to slam around during a 13 minute interlude.

anyway - i was at the All Popints West festival so i did the drive MJK was bitching about. relax guy - i highly doubt you were the one behind the wheel in the 1st place. To his credit, i will say his performance Sat night in NJ was very good. the music wasnt as loud but i could hear him pretty well. he danced around a lot more than i expected after reading reviews. they were late at APW too - 945 turned into 1010 - but they didnt have the rediculous gaps in between songs. they didnt play lost keyes but swaped it for a shorter intro. i was very pleased with that performance despite stading in shit-smelling NJ mud. then came the NH show.

talk about uninterested. maynard barely moved. maybe he was a bit tired - i get that, but c'mon. the guys on the floor standing for 3 hours arent? and way to take the steam out of the crowd. they chanted for 20 minutes until it got to be 930 then they all gave up. beer stands closed before tool went on. people were yawning before the show. yawning before a tool show. can you picture that?

there is no doubt in my mind they delayed the show so they can play the bare minimum requirement - 1.5 hrs. yes, 90 minutes has been their normal set length, but not with 5, 9,13 minutes delays in between songs. so frustrating. i love to meditate and ponder my existence too - but not at the expense of missing a few more songs. we came to hear the songs, not loud drones or a recorded vocal remix of lsot keyes. say waht you will about naynard, but the whole band is to be blamed for this. if your not on the same page or are going to pout forth the bare minimum and gimic the rest of our time and money - dont tour.

When they are in the act of playing music - one quickly forgives. then you wait another 6 minutes for the next song.

DC is so damn good (wonders why they even invite another drummer on stage? ohh, to kill set time. right) i kinda feel for him - hes got to be wonderign how much longer this is goign to last. i feel the band tried to up the intensity to get MJK into it, but once his mind is made up theres nothing anyone can do.

overall the show was ok. a lot of issues that i share with others on here. dont take the negativity the wrong way - tool has demonstarated a unique ability to perform live. its what we have come to expect. we can tell when their efforts are sincere and when they clearly are not.

i hope this is a bump in the road and the issues on the inside (there has got to be at this point) get cleared up. the old tool we know will not be back, but the here and now tool could certainly be better.

Yes. Oiu. Si. Shit adds up at the Bottom
OFFLINE |