View Single Post
deathmetalhead767
08-04-2009, 07:33 AM

This was my 4th time seeing Tool. I saw them on Aenima, Lateralus and this is my 2nd time seeing them on 10,000 Days. That being said, this was by far the worst performance I have seen of theirs. The band were excellent in their execution but Maynard was lost in the mix. The set list flat out sucked!! They've forgotten that the main reason for their success and their best work are Undertow and Aenima. They only played Flood, Stinkfist, 46 & 2, and Aenima. from those albums. In place of those incredible songs they substituted in 5 minutes standing still for applause followed by 13 minutes of drone while they set up a 2nd drum kit for a very mediocre drummer to join them. If you already have Danny Carey , why waste our time with a 2nd drummer. Completely pointless. Songs that should've have been played: Prison Sex, Sober, Swamp Song, Crawl Away, Jerk-Off, Hush, The Pot, Parabola, The Grudge. Plus, I've lost all respect for Maynard as he has become the typical Rockstar. The rest of the guys were very cool to the crowd but he could have cared less. Complaining about riding in a car for 4 hours does not hold up when speaking to the fans that have been standing on a concrete floor for the same 4 hours waiting for his ass to show up. The crowd gave Tool their effort, how about some in return.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:33 AM   #58
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

This was my 4th time seeing Tool. I saw them on Aenima, Lateralus and this is my 2nd time seeing them on 10,000 Days. That being said, this was by far the worst performance I have seen of theirs. The band were excellent in their execution but Maynard was lost in the mix. The set list flat out sucked!! They've forgotten that the main reason for their success and their best work are Undertow and Aenima. They only played Flood, Stinkfist, 46 & 2, and Aenima. from those albums. In place of those incredible songs they substituted in 5 minutes standing still for applause followed by 13 minutes of drone while they set up a 2nd drum kit for a very mediocre drummer to join them. If you already have Danny Carey , why waste our time with a 2nd drummer. Completely pointless. Songs that should've have been played: Prison Sex, Sober, Swamp Song, Crawl Away, Jerk-Off, Hush, The Pot, Parabola, The Grudge. Plus, I've lost all respect for Maynard as he has become the typical Rockstar. The rest of the guys were very cool to the crowd but he could have cared less. Complaining about riding in a car for 4 hours does not hold up when speaking to the fans that have been standing on a concrete floor for the same 4 hours waiting for his ass to show up. The crowd gave Tool their effort, how about some in return.
OFFLINE |