View Single Post
JPhunk
08-03-2009, 06:15 PM

So who the hell was that shitty Maynard impersonator on stage for the first half of the show? Did no one else notice that the vocals were completely being drowned out by the music until he came back ot in the cowboy hat (really maynard)? Either having to take a shit made him completely change his movements/mannerisms and sing shittier, or we didn't get the real MJK until the latter part of the show! Now I was in a suite, so I didn't get to see him up close, but I had a pretty damn good view of the entire stage from above and I would bet my life that the dude with the old-school maynard mohawk was his stand-in. Now if it WAS him, then I believe in the frosty the snowman carol, because when he put on the hat, he magically came alive and started actually singing into the microphone cuz all of a sudden you could hear him and he sounded great! As for the rest of the band, they killed it! It was loud, and powerful, but also a little too much like a soundtrack to the laser show as opposed to a rock concert. Maybe I'm a little spoiled from seeing Roger Waters three times, but I really wasn't that impressed with the green lasers either. This was my first TOOL show, and I guess thats probably my problem. I should have seen them back when they were still ALL into it. I still love TOOL, and they are a big influence on my band, but if the frontman is only gonna show up for half the show (either literally OR metaphorically) then I think I'll have to stick to buying their CDs, where at least I know I'm getting what I paid for.

P.S. The show WAS almost redeemed for me when they rocked the shit out of vicariously. THAT was fucking amazing!!! Especially Maynard!

Last edited by JPhunk; 08-03-2009 at 06:29 PM..
Old 08-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

So who the hell was that shitty Maynard impersonator on stage for the first half of the show? Did no one else notice that the vocals were completely being drowned out by the music until he came back ot in the cowboy hat (really maynard)? Either having to take a shit made him completely change his movements/mannerisms and sing shittier, or we didn't get the real MJK until the latter part of the show! Now I was in a suite, so I didn't get to see him up close, but I had a pretty damn good view of the entire stage from above and I would bet my life that the dude with the old-school maynard mohawk was his stand-in. Now if it WAS him, then I believe in the frosty the snowman carol, because when he put on the hat, he magically came alive and started actually singing into the microphone cuz all of a sudden you could hear him and he sounded great! As for the rest of the band, they killed it! It was loud, and powerful, but also a little too much like a soundtrack to the laser show as opposed to a rock concert. Maybe I'm a little spoiled from seeing Roger Waters three times, but I really wasn't that impressed with the green lasers either. This was my first TOOL show, and I guess thats probably my problem. I should have seen them back when they were still ALL into it. I still love TOOL, and they are a big influence on my band, but if the frontman is only gonna show up for half the show (either literally OR metaphorically) then I think I'll have to stick to buying their CDs, where at least I know I'm getting what I paid for.

P.S. The show WAS almost redeemed for me when they rocked the shit out of vicariously. THAT was fucking amazing!!! Especially Maynard!

Last edited by JPhunk; 08-03-2009 at 06:29 PM..
OFFLINE |